The information provided here is for BIG members and users who have questions about our terms, policies, intellectual property, and compliance.
June 29, 2022
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard personal data about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing personal data to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information processed by us, including on our websites (e.g., teambig.io, bigsummit.co and any other websites that we own or operate), our mobile applications, and our related online and offline offerings (collectively, the “Services”).
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- Your Privacy Rights
- Your Choices
- Date Retention
- Security of Your Information
- Third Party Links
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
- Your European Union and UK Privacy Rights
- Other Important Information About Personal Data and the Services
- Supervisory Authority
- Contact Us
3. PERSONAL Information WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal data”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this Privacy Notice.
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
The types of personal data we collect about you depends on your interactions with us and your use of the Services. We collect the below categories of personal data from our users:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)).
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information. Note: While we do not collect biometric information, if you choose to authenticate yourself through certain service providers we use, they may collect biometric information subject to their privacy policies, but we are never provided with access to that information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect additional categories of personal data other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of personal data, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
We strive to ensure that the content can be enjoyed by everyone, and to keep the content appropriate and lawful. To do that, we collect and process your personal data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Developing, improving, operating, providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, enhancing the Services and your experience with them, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling transactions, verifying your identity, and processing payments.
- Communicating with you by email and text about the Services, verifying your identity, responding to support inquiries or, sharing information about the Services.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the user and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the Services owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Services owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We will not use the personal data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice and obtaining your consent.
How We Obtain Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly to become a Member and use the Services, or when you update the information in your account.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through and as a result of your use of and access to the Services. We also collect IP addresses and browser types from the devices you use.
- From our service providers.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- Performance of a Contract. By using the Services, you have contracted with us through the and we will process certain personal data to perform under that contract.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process personal data for our legitimate interests, including complying with any applicable law, rule or regulation, investigation or remedy; enforcing our protecting our, our users' or others' rights, property and safety; and detecting and resolving any fraud or security concerns.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations and Protection of Individuals. We may process personal data to comply with our legal obligations, including as required by valid legal process, governmental request, and to protect those individuals who use our Services and others.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers.
- Our affiliated entities.
- Government agencies or regulators when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
Personal Data We Share
We share with the following categories of third parties the following categories of personal data for a business purpose:
- Identifiers (e.g. name, address, email address, government ID, IP address): Service providers.
- Identifiers (e.g. account name): Other Creators and Members.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (e.g. government ID, bank account numbers): Service providers.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information (e.g. content you create): Service providers.
5. Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion of your personal information;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information; and
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
- Opt-out of marketing communications. Please see more on this above.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Please note that if you use our Services on behalf of an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may be responsible for fulfilling the individual rights requests referenced above.
6. Your Choices
General. You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information.
Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. If you are located in the European Union, you can change your cookie preferences through our cookie consent tool, which you can access at any time by clicking the “cookie settings” in the footer of our website (you may need to log out of your BIG account to access the footer). You can also stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android and iOS.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these websites and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, https://youradchoices.ca/choices/, and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
“Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We do not respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
7. Date retention
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or legal reason to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. You may request deletion of your personal information at any time as noted in “Your Privacy Rights”, above, but that will require you to delete your account with us, as we need your personal data to maintain your account.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
9. Third party links
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge. However, we do not disclose personal data protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides our users who are California residents the following additional rights:
1. Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal data we collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you in the past 12 months. This includes a request to know any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal data collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal data;
- The categories of personal data that we have sold or disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom your personal data was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal data; and
- The specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you.
2. Data Portability: You have the right to request a copy of personal data we have collected and maintained about you in the past 12 months.
3. Right to Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we collected from you and maintained, subject to certain exceptions. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal data, we may deny your request or may retain certain elements of your personal data if it is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal data was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between our business and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the personal data, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
4. Right to Opt-Out/In: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal data. You also have the right to opt-in to the sale of personal data. However, we do not sell your personal data.
5. Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by visiting our Website or by emailing us at the email address contained in our Terms of Service.
If you have an account with us, you can exercise any of the above rights from your profile. If you don’t have a profile or if you are unable to access, control, or delete your information from within your profile, you can contact us through any of the above methods.
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal data.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for Right to Know or Data Portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an authorized representative. Depending on the nature of the request, we may need to verify your identity.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, in order to confirm that person or entity’s authority to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity, we require an email be sent to the Website, along with all of the below items:
- Proof that you gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request.
- Sufficient information to verify the authorized agent’s identity, depending on the nature of the request.
- To verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request, we may also require a valid Government Issued ID (not expired), email address, and the last 4 digits of the social security number.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require to create an account with us. However, if you do have an existing login, we will require you to log in to submit a request. We will only use personal data provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the request’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within ten (10) business days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For Data Portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
11. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise your right by contacting us as described below with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. As defined by Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A, we do not currently sell Personal Information of Nevada residents.
12. Your European Union and UK Privacy Rights
In addition to the above-listed rights, European Union and UK privacy law provides individuals with enhanced rights in respect of their personal data. These rights may include, depending on the circumstances surrounding the processing of personal data:
- The right to object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you;
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal data or object to processing of personal data carried out pursuant to (i) a legitimate interest (including, but not limited to, processing for direct marketing purposes) or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest;
- In certain circumstances, the right to data portability, which means that you can request that we provide certain personal data we hold about you in a machine-readable format; and
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure and/or the right to be forgotten, which means that you can request deletion or removal of certain personal data we process about you.
Note that we may need to request additional information from you to validate your request. To exercise any of the rights above, please email us at the email address provided in our Terms of Service.
You have choices about certain information we collect about you, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal data. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide some of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
a. Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving email communications from us at any time by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received, by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by changing your notification preferences in Account Settings. you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Note, that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
b. Location Information. If you want to limit or prevent our ability to receive location information from you, you can deny or remove the permission for certain Services to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instructions for instructions on how to do this.
13. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL DATA AND THE SERVICES
c. Collection of Personal Data from Children. Our Services are not intended for anyone under 18, since a reasonable level of financial awareness is required for Members to properly use the Site. Anyone under 18 years of age is not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
d. Third-Party Websites and Services. As a convenience, we may reference or provide links to third- party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties (including without limitation Republic) our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we do business (including, but not limited to, our service providers). When you access these third-party services, you leave our Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. You access these third-party services at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the Privacy Notices or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process personal data.
e. Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal data we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third- party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
f. Do Not Track. We currently do not use any cross-site tracking technologies and do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
g. International Use. Your personal data will be stored and/or processed in the United States, as well as at our discretion in the European Union, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. By your use of the Services, you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your personal data in, the above countries, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and personal data may become accessible as permitted by law in the above countries, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in those countries. For transfers of data into and out of the European Economic Area, pursuant to Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation, we use data transfer agreements subject to EU-approved standard contractual clauses.
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this Privacy Notice, such as by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information from or about you collected by any third-party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from, the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices, and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
16. Supervisory Authority
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
17. Contact Us
Business Inside the Game, LLC.
101 California St
San Francisco, CA 94111